Tracy Anthony McBroom, PMP, BSAC, ECMp
Certified project manager with over 20 years of experience in Software Development, Business Analysis, Budgeting and Team Management in small to large, complex environments. Diverse technological background. Interface with all levels of management. Effectively bridge the IT / business communication gap. Skilled at turning around at-risk projects.
- Process Improvement: Improved project management processes using CMMI (Capability Maturity Model Integration) methodologies. Raised CMMI process rating from level 1 to level 3 in one year. These improvements reduced rework and helped put a $500K project back on schedule and within budget. Full Project Management Life Cycle experience.
- Cost Management: Cut $300K from software development costs by negotiating with other department leaders to share resources and cut overlapping efforts. Directed the clean-up of a year-end mortgage processing system, preventing an estimated $750,000 in government fines, and eliminating 24 months of labor required annually to correct processing errors.
- Strategic Planning and Budgeting: Developed a $2.4 million budget and strategy to modernize and enhance EDS’ corporate purchasing systems. The result was a 30% reduction in purchase order processing costs.
- Team Building / Leadership: Overhauled a troubled IT department, improving loyalty, satisfaction and commitment from employees and clients. Improved opinion of leader survey rating from 3.4 to 6.1 on a 7 point scale.
TECHNICAL SKILLS / INDUSTRY KNOWLEDGE
CMMI and PMI methodologies, SDLC, Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, Office Suite, Jira, Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, Unix, Perl, C, Java, HTML, XML, PHP, CSS, Web Services, .Net, COBOL, JCL
Enterprise Content Management, eCommerce, ERP, Financial Services, Purchasing, Mortgage Banking
- PMP – Project Management Professional
- ECM Practitioner – Enterprise Content Management Practitioner
- BSAC – Business Systems Analyst Certificate
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Greyhound Lines, Dallas, TX
Project Manager – IT Transformation – 2014 to 2016
Led a program to upgrade Greyhound’s international bus maintenance systems and benefit from today’s internet and mobile technologies.
- Coordinated the resources and managed the relationships between multiple departments and vendors involved in end-to-end product setup, testing and implementation of AssetWorks’ M5 FleetFocus SaaS vehicle maintenance application.
- Managed the data conversion, requirements development, and consolidation of accounting data from Canadian, Mexican and U.S. bus maintenance systems.
- Updated FleetFocus / JD Edwards interfaces to use an Enterprise Service Bus and Web Services.
- Developed the project plan, requirements and budget to implement Wi-Fi services for Greyhound’s 30+ bus maintenance facilities in Canada, Mexico and the U.S.
One Technologies, LP, Dallas, TX
Project Manager (Under Contract) – Internet Marketing – 2014 to 2014
Contracted to manage the design, branding and development of a B2C web portal for an internet marketing startup in the UK.
- Managed projects for data warehouse and reporting, analytics and tracking, internet product, branding, marketing and customer care to prepare for the launch of One Technologies International.
Bank of America, Plano, TX
Technical Delivery Manager – Project Management Office – 2013 to 2014
Led the execution of large-scale and multiple technology projects across the enterprise. Coordinated cross-project activities with multiple business and application development groups.
- Directed the efforts of project managers, business analysts, application developers, system architects, and quality assurance teams to develop, test and deploy over $700k worth of application modifications.
- Facilitated the development of business and technical solutions to bring the company into compliance with the Service Members Civil Relief Act and the Biggert-Waters flood Insurance Reform Act.
Project Manager – Information Technology – 2009 to 2013
Directed software and business process enhancement projects across multiple organizations and subsidiary companies. Led enterprise-wide mortgage servicing projects through the full Project Management Life Cycle (PMLC).
- Managed the expansion of the Home Affordable Modification Program (HAMP Tier 2). Worked with over 40 leaders and associates from 22 departments to ensure resource availability and avoid business disruptions. Developed business requirements and consulted on business process changes.
- Led the start-up of a joint venture that provided $9 million annually in mortgage title services. Collaborated with executives and attorneys to expedite contract negotiations and delivery of new services.
- Evaluated and proposed strategies for improving the company’s document management systems. Analyzed technologies, system interfaces, facilities and business needs. Created cost/benefit models with five year outlooks. Developed Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and evaluated vendor responses.
- Assessed and advised on the development of project management processes, tools and methodologies for the company’s Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO) and IT organization.
EDS, Plano, TX EDS, an HP company, is a Fortune 500 global technology service provider delivering information technology, applications, and business process outsourcing solutions to clients in many industries.
Project Manager – Enterprise Content Management – 2001 to 2008
Managed the development and implementation process involving departmental and multi-vendor teams focused on the delivery of Enterprise Content Management services. Led 4-7 member teams on a variety of efforts.
- Deployed a SOX compliant web-based document management system that saved $1.9 million annually in report print and distribution costs, and reduced month-end financial analysis time by 5 days. (see Enterprise Web Reporting for more details)
- Took over management of a computer lab housing 40+ servers for the ECM Services organization. Oversaw the purchase, disposition and support of hardware and software for IBM AS/400, Unix and Windows servers.
- Managed the move of ECM Services’ computer lab from Detroit to Pontiac, Michigan. This involved modifying a new facility for space, power and cooling needs; physical transportation of the servers; rerouting data communications; vendor re-certification; and decommissioning of the old data center.
- Developed organizational Risk Management guidelines using Assumption Based Communication Dynamics (ABCD) methodology. Presented ABCD Risk Management methodology to EDS’ Project Management Forum.
Consultant – ERP and Business-to-Business Systems –1998 to 2001
Developed solutions to enhance enterprise performance using Business-to-Business (B2B) and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) applications to streamline business processes and accelerate time-to-market.
- Performed SAP gap analysis; developed workarounds and enhancements to meet client needs.
- Assessed the impact of SAP’s B2B product implementation. Developed and presented a cost to benefit analysis. The recommendation and result were the elimination of this position.
- Explained system integration methods of Business-to-Business (B2B) applications to the CEO, CIO and staff of a telecommunications business venture, resulting in a web portal development contract with the client.
- Stabilized a newly implemented Oracle ERP procurement application; developed a web site to provide the status of sales and marketing pursuits; mentored and trained associates on various technologies including MS Access, Ariba Buyer, Unix, and PL/SQL.
- Environment: Unix, Oracle Payables and General Ledger, SAP Materials Management, ABAP, PL/SQL, XML, HTML, C, MS Access
Project / Program Manager – Knowledge Management Services– 1997 to 1998
Led the research and development efforts of EDS’ Enterprise Knowledge Management program for the Chief Knowledge Officer. Developed a service offering, as well as enabling the knowledge management concept.
- Built the team and technical environments to fulfill EDS’ contract with the US Army Medical Command and Directorate (AMEDD), providing a web-based medical education system.
- Enabled collaboration capability on a web site by adding CGI scripting and a database. Developed mechanisms to communicate with users, automatically process user feedback and content submissions, and simplify web site maintenance.
- Maintained a Unix based Knowledge Office web site using ‘C’, Perl and Sybase RDBMS. Set up and administered Internet test servers using Windows NT, IIS, and SQL Server 6.5.
- Negotiated agreements to use existing hardware from other departments, cutting $23K from costs.
- Environment: Unix, Windows NT, HTML, C, Perl, Sybase, SQL Server
Manager – Global Purchasing Information Systems – 1994 to 1997
Led a 13-member Information Technology department supporting EDS’ Global Purchasing systems. Established goals and plans for operations, developed and administered budget and P&L, and instituted succession plans.
- Grew organization from $400K to $2.4 million to modernize systems and support corporate growth. Improvements cut purchase order processing costs by over $20 per order.
- Managed relationships with European, Canadian and Mexican purchasing departments to facilitate consolidation of global purchasing processes.
- Managed the Decision Support System (DSS) conversion, On-line Requisition Upgrade and EDI Purchase Order projects that eliminated over $100,000 per year in hardware, paper, and postage costs.
- Transformed a strained relationship by working closely with client to resolve issues and improve awareness of each others roles and needs.
- Improved employee job satisfaction, customer opinion and leadership approval rating; 360 degree survey (employees, customers, and management) reflected 6.1 out of a possible 7.
- Streamlined a variety of technologies to cut costs of maintenance, training, and software licenses.
- Environment: IBM Mainframe, Windows, COBOL, JCL, DB2, Windows, MS Access, MS Project
The University of Texas at Austin – Austin, TX, B. A., Computer Science
Currently working in the Dallas / Fort Worth area of Texas.