The Enterprise Web Reporting project converted corporate reports from paper to electronic format, allowing users around the globe to access report information in a secure online environment.
Each year the web reporting system eliminated enough paper to, if placed side-by-side, stretch from the east to west coasts of the United States and back. That translated to more than $1.9 million in annual savings from paper, printing and distribution costs. Recouped hardware, software and human resource costs within months.
The ability to extract, analyze and manipulate data electronically simplified many laborious tasks, and customer surveys showed high satisfaction with the system.
- Information from multiple applications could be accessed quickly from a single source.
- Improved auditing accuracy and eliminated days spent gathering information from different sources.
- Provided Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance.
- Eliminated the time required to print and distribute reports, making month-end financial information available 3-4 days sooner.
- Executive requests for financial data could be met within hours instead of days.
- Eliminated the security risk caused by distributing the information on paper.
- Minimal learning curve – no formal training needed.
- Once the system was in place, reports could be added to it continuously.
- Open Text Report & Output Management Suite (formerly Vista Plus) by Open Text.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Project management: Developed and managed the project, budget and resource plans; metrics, change control procedures, status reports and meeting. Implemented and transitioned the team to CMMI standard project management processes.
- Estimated cost, effort and resource needs.
- Managed a virtual, matrixed team located in the United States (Michigan and Texas), and India.
- Managed relationships with clients, vendors and technical support groups.
- Marketed Enterprise Web Reporting’s capability to increase use throughout the corporation.
© 2009 – 2013, Tracy McBroom. All rights reserved.